Saturday, May 15, 2010

Our First Day

This is the first day of many....


My family and I, and hopefully one day many others, worked @ Dr. Wong's Kung Fu Academy today by clearing brush and working around one of the ponds.

This was the first time I'd ever attempted community work and I learned a great deal about myself through it: 1. it's ok for me not to be in charge, in control, and still make a difference in a situation, 2. I enjoy manual labor :), 3. when I focus my time and energy on others, I forget my own nagging issues.


We will be meeting each Saturday to do what is necessary and needs to be done, as well as growing closer as a family with friends. I will be posting weekly snap shots of our times together, and I look forward to what the good Lord has in store for us all.



No comments:

Post a Comment